NGA Small Business & Wildlife Security Breakout Sessions
June 19, 2015
USGIF is hosting two concurrent Working Group Presentations June 24, from 1 to 2 p.m.
NGA & Small Business
NGA discusses prime contractors use of small businesses, innovation and flexibility and speed of execution advantages, and new opportunities in the open and unclassified initiatives like the recent work in the Ebola crisis and Nepal earthquake.
- Mike Geggus, Industry Innovation Advocate, NGA
- Justin Poole, Director, Xperience Directorate, NGA
- John Goolgasian, Director, Source Operations and Management Directorate, NGA
- Rich Bayard, Deputy Director, Plans & Programs, NGA
GEOINT Wildlife Security and Illicit Trafficking
The illicit trade in wildlife is not only a serious global environmental crime with profoundly negative impacts for endangered species protection, ecosystem stability, and biodiversity conservation, but it is also a real and increasing threat to national and global security. The USGIF Wildlife Security Panel will discuss the need for collaborative and comprehensive geospatial driven approaches to countering wildlife crime which leverage USG, NGO, industry and academic expertise.
- Azzedine Downes, President and CEO, International Fund for Animal Welfare
- Terry Ford, National Intelligence Manager for Africa, Office of the Director for National Intelligence
- David Luna, Senior Director, National Security and Diplomacy, Combating Global Threats and Navigating Geo-Security Risks, Office of Anti-Crime Programs, INL U.S. Department of State
- Robert Mutinda Muasya, Acting Deputy Director Security, Kenya Wildlife Service
- Catherine Semcer, Consultant, Humanitarian Operations Protecting Elephants
- Scott Stetson, Vice President, Remote Sensing Division, KEYW Corporation